This is a interdisciplinary graduate student symposium that will be held at Yale University on 19-20 February. Some of the discussion panels will include:
- How is digital technology changing methods of scholarly research with pre-digital sources in the humanities?
- If the “medium is the message,” then how does the message change when primary sources are translated into digital media?
- What kinds of new research opportunities do databases unlock and what do they make obsolete?
- What is the future of the rare book and manuscript library and its use?
- What biases are inherent in the widespread use of digitized material? How can we correct for them?
- Amidst numerous benefits in accessibility, cost, and convenience, what concerns have been overlooked?
You can find more detail here.