You might recall that I reported that Newspaper Direct had expanded their device support to include Nook. Yesterday they announced that their app PressDisplay had been ported to the iPad, and they uploaded this demo video to Youtube. Enjoy.
From the press release:
The latest version of PressReader, optimized for the Apple iPad, is now available for download from the iTunes App Store. Developed by NewspaperDirect Inc., the world leader in multi-channel newspaper and magazine content distribution and monetization, the iPad version of PressReader delivers a visually stunning experience for reading the more than 1,500 newspapers and magazines offered by NewspaperDirect.
New features offered in PressReader app for iPad:
PressReader app for iPad allows subscribers to automatically download their favorite daily read from a selection of more than 1,500 newspapers and magazines from 90 countries in 46 languages.
• Enjoy complete digital replicas, often before the print version is on the newsstands
• Effortlessly browse entire publications with one finger
• Navigate quickly to a favorite section using the Table of Contents
• Read stories in both rich graphics view and an easy-to-read text view
• Pinch-zoom to get a better look at photos and text when in graphics view
• Jump from article to article
• Search across publications from over 90 countries to get a perspective from around the world, while online
• Set up automated subscriptions to favorite titles
• Authorize their device for their existing PressDisplay.com account