Do you remember the Dymocks announcement couple weeks ago (new ebook format support)? One of the formats mentioned, DNL, was created by an Australian company called DNAML. (BTW, did you know that DNAML own www.ebook.com?)
DNAML put out a press release today and announced that they were working on their second gen DRM format, DNL2. From the press release:
The new DNL2 eBook format has been designed to achieve a number of goals:
- ePub-based, will support the many existing ePub documents.
- Zero cost of conversion. Servers will convert ePubs into secure DNL2 files on the fly.
- Support resize, reflow, and customization of reading fonts and styles.
- Further enhancements will be DRM, Multimedia, and other features such as Math ML.
DNL 2 will support the following Operating SystemsiPhone OS: iPad, iPhone and iPod touch
- Android: Devices running Android 1.5+, Android phones, Android tablets
- Windows Phone 7: Windows Phone 7 phones
- Windows: Windows 98 to Windows 7 on Desktops, Laptops and Tablets
- Mac OSX: Mac OSX 10.4 and above, Desktops and Laptops
- Linux: Desktops and Laptops
- Symbian OS: Mobile phones running Symbian OS
- Blackberry OS: Mobile phones running Blackberry OS