Barnes & Noble, Inc. (NYSE: BKS), the world's largest bookseller, today launched its free BN eReader app for iPad(TM), offering the most personalized and easy-to-use eReading experience for Apple iPad owners. BN eReader for iPad users can customize the way they read with professionally designed or completely personalized themes, shop more than one million eBooks, newspapers and magazines in the Barnes & Noble eBookstore, and access their personal Barnes & Noble digital library, including most periodicals. BN eReader for iPad is the only eReading app that offers eBook sharing with friends.
Here's a look at the key features:
- LendMe feature (you can lend certain ebooks for up to 14 days)
- Two options for displaying your library (Library Grid and Library List views)
- choice of colors for text, pages (background), highlights and links
- eight fonts choices and five text sizes
- margin, justification, and line spacing options
- dictionary, Google, and Wikipedia integration for quick searches of terms and words
Unfortunately, I'm not in a position to test it (I don't have an iPad). You can find the app in the iTunes store, and I'd love to hear what you think. The early reviews sound impressive.