I came across a neat post on one of the Guardians blogs the other day. They had a list of media apps that had been released for the iPad. The list was great, but I thought I could do better. I took that list, expanded it, and here it is.
A word of warning: Some of the apps say that they are free. This might not be completely true. The app could be free so they can sell you the individual issues. Buyer beware.
Apps coming soon
The Guardian reported that the New Yorker and Glamour are reportedly working on apps. Also, Daily Express and Metro have plans for apps, but they haven't released them yet.
Media Week is reporting that Time Warner is going to release 7 more iPad apps, including a series of apps from Real Simple.
Blogs, Radio, and other News
- AP News - Free
- BBC News - Free
- Bloomberg - Free
- iWeather - $1.99
- Newsy - free
- NPR - Free
- Reuters - Free
- The Weather Channel - Free
- Yahoo! Entertainment - Free
- The Times - Costs £9.99 every 28 days. It is a separate product from the Times.co.uk website, which will be priced at £1 a day or £2 a week once the paywall goes up
- Financial Times - Free to subscribers of FT newspaper and website. Other users can sample it for free until 31 July.
- New York Times Editors' Choice - Free
- Wall Street Journal - Free for current subscribers to the print edition, otherwise $3.99 a week
- USA Today - Free until 4 July