Toshiba announced their dual screen netbook today. The Libretto W100 runs Win7 on a 1.2GHz CPU and it weighs about 2 lbs. According to the press release the battery life is around 2 hours (no, that's not a typo). Here's the killer:
It's going to cost around $1,000. Yes, Toshiba has produced a mobile device that costs twice as much as the iPad and only has about a fifth the battery life. Whose bright idea was this, exactly?
Full HW specs:
- Dual 7.0-inch diagonal multi-touch displays7 (1024 x 600)
- Intel U5400 processor1 (1.2GHz)6-mode virtual keyboard with haptic response
- Windows 7 Home Premium operating system
- 2GB DDR3 memory2
- 62GB Solid State Drive3
- 1.0 megapixel HD Webcam with Toshiba Face Recognition
- 802.11 b/g/n wireless4
- Bluetooth 2.1+EDR5
- MicroSD card slot
- One USB 2.0 port
- 8-cell battery
- 7.95" (W) x 4.84"(D) x 1.2"(H)
- 1.8 lbs.