Overdrive just announced the results of a survey they conducted back in June. Well, they announced a teaser of the results. You'll need to be a partner to see the full data. Here are some of the details they reported:
- 74% of users are female, between the ages of 30-59.
- Nearly 70% have a college and/or postgraduate degree.
- 60% learned about the download service from the library's website (if our past blog posts and training sessions weren't enough to get you to promote on your website, hopefully this is!)
- 87% listen to audiobooks on an MP3 player, 44% of which are iPod users.
- 33% of users own an eBook reader (e.g., Sony Reader, Barnes & Noble nook)
For those who don't own an eBook reader, 90% stated that compatibility of eBooks from the library is an important factor.