Safari Books Online (www.safaribooksonline.com), the leading on-demand digital library for technology, digital media and business professionals, today achieved another milestone in its mobile device strategy – the seamless extension of its popular portal features to mobile devices. Subscribers on the go can now enjoy such popular features as creating notes, tagging and saving content in custom folders.
In addition, Safari Books Online has rolled out a series of new features including: “Share This” to let users grant access to specific book titles to colleagues and non-subscribers; usage analytics Reporting Dashboard to let corporate training personnel optimize their subscriptions for content and tools that are most in demand; and a user-friendly Content Categorization system to let subscribers find topics of interest more easily.
Safari Books Online’s new feature enhancements include:
- Seamless Mobile User Interface: All the power of Safari Books Online, now further optimized for mobile devices. The popular features of Safari Books Online – notes, tagging, and the ability to save the content in custom folders – are now accessible from any mobile device that supports 320x480 screen resolution and the following operating systems and browsers:
- Palm Pre (all models)
- iPhone (all models)
- All Android devices running Android OS 2.1+
- All Blackberry devices running Blackberry OS 5.0+
- Opera Mini browser 5.1
- Internet Explorer Mobile (Windows Mobile 6+)
- Share This feature: Enjoy all that Safari Books Online has to offer – and share it with friends and colleagues. Provide access to book pages, even to non-subscribers.
- Enhanced Categorization: Find what you need with more intuitive search and content groupings that now include product names, vendor names and topic-related search terms.
- Usage Analytics & Reporting Dashboard: Corporate training administrators can now analyze popular search terms and their most frequently accessed content, and generate reports on the efficiency and effectiveness of their library.