- I've known for a while that KNFB were using our OPDS feeds for dedicated systems designed for print-disabled people (http://www.knfbreader.com/products-kreader-mobile.php). Which I'm glad they're doing.
- Two months ago, Mike Angelo sent me an e-mail asking if we could add Blio to our premium partners on our ecosystem page (http://www.feedbooks.com/help/ecosystem) because Feedbooks would be part of Blio. I replied that I wasn't aware that Blio planned on including Feedbooks and that I was against it for several reasons (see below). He never replied.At Feedbooks we allow reading systems to preload our catalog if it provides the following features:
- supports EPUB (not the case with Blio, they need to do a conversion)
- fully supports OPDS (once again, not the case with Blio, they don't offer our full catalog, they only aggregate a few of our feeds and use our search feature)
- enable users to add OPDS catalogs (not the case with Blio)
- if the reading system also includes commercial content, we require that the reading system should also support payment in OPDS and ACS4 support in order to sell contentIf a reading system doesn't support all four (or the first three if it's oriented towards free books like FBReader for example), they can still provide OPDS support and let users add manually our catalog.