- The number of users publishing digital-only magazines (versus a digital version of an existing print magazine) will jump 44 percent in the next 12 months.
- The number creating eBooks using digital publishing will increase by 60 percent in the next 12 months.
- The number planning to create digital publications for mobile platforms will grow significantly over the next 12 months:
- Of those not currently developing digital publications for the iPad, almost 50 percent plan to within 12 months.
- Of those with no plans to develop digital publications for the iPad, their number one reason is, “no demand from readers.”
- 85.6 percent believe the iPad will have a positive impact on demand for digital magazines and eBooks.
Did any of these companies run a cost benefit analysis on these apps? I doubt it. It's the tech bubble all over again.