The developers of iReader have released the latest beta as a free download. This is unusual for them; the app is sold in the Marketplace for $1.99.This is a reading app for Android that supports eReader, Mobi, CHM, and TXT. I think it doesn't get the attention it deserves. (That might be a good thing, actually). It's most notable feature is that it supports DRM, both eReader and Mobipocket. At least, that's what the product page says; I haven't tried it yet (I don't have access to the Marketplace). Note that the app doesn't remove the DRM; it merely reads ebooks encumbered with DRM.From the announcement:
I uploaded 126.96.36.199 beta for free version here. Please go to Downloads page and try to use it.
The changes are:
- Auto-scrolling in cover mode (not scrolling mode)
- Support TTF/TTC font file. You need set you font file directory in "General Setttings" and then you can select the font in "Font Settings"
- Real book page turning, like iBooks. There is still some little bug, I will fix them soon and improve its performance.
- Separately set screen brightness for Day theme and Night theme.
- Remove "Delete All" in file browser.
- Some bugs fix.