I'm going to wait for Nookdevs to work their magic.
B&N just announced that they've released the latest update for the Nook Wifi and Nook 3G. Here are some of the improvements:
- Sync current reading position across devices. Sync all your NOOK eReaders and devices enabled with NOOK software and apps, including iPad, iPhone/iPod touch, Android smartphones and PC.
- Customize folders and group content for My B&N Library. The My Shelves feature enables you to organize My B&N Library and My Documents by a particular subject or theme, on easy-to-organize, easily-accessible Shelves.
- Password protection option for purchases made on a NOOK device. You can now require that your B&N account password be entered before NOOK authorizes any content download (purchases, samples and free books). This is helpful for all of you'll who share NOOKS with family members, friends, and colleagues.
- Pass code security for the NOOK. You can configure NOOK to lock the screen after a certain number of minutes and then require a pass code to unlock it. The pass code security feature will activate each time the NOOK does powers on, awakens form Sleep Mode.
- Faster page turns -- 50% faster turn rate than the previous version.
- Improved search functionality that includes My Documents (side-loaded content) in the results.
- Additional battery and other performance enhancements
You can get it here.
They're also reporting that the Nook Android app has been updated. They added notes and highlights and improved the download process. You can find that in the Android Market.