Watpad have released the Metrics Report for the third quarter 2010. This report analyzes the amount of traffic their site received over the last 3 months. It's 12 pages long and only slightly denser than a powerpoint, so I'd say it's worth a read. You can download it here.
Here are the highlights:
- In mobile reading, iOS device, BlackBerry and Android devices have collec2vely (52%) taken over Java devices in Q3 (48%). iOS devices contributed to over 42% of mobile readership, whereas BlackBerry and Android devices contributed 7% and 3% respec2vely.
- BlackBerry devices have experienced a 31% growth in Q3, followed by iOS devices (14%) and Android devices (12%). Growth in Java devices have remained ?at in Q3 (1%).
- The Android eReading market is very fragmented: HTC currently leads with 26%, followed by Motorola (21% and Samsung (15%)
- English users con2nue to make up the largest share of the eBook Market. The Top 4 English speaking countries account for over 55% of eBook consumption
- Teenagers and Young Adults are the most ac2ve eBook consumers. Almost 85% are under the age of 20 (more female than male), which mirrors the usage pa6ern found in mobile text messaging