- Redesigned user interface that maximizes the amount of space given to the book. Click the down arrow on the navigation bar to hide the user interface. (The Origin of Species)
- Navigation bar that helps show your location in the book and navigate through it. Search results and chapter markers (if available) show up on the navigation bar.
- New Read Aloud feature reads the book as audio in most browsers. No special software is needed – just click the speaker icon and go!
- Tables of contents are being automatically generated for most books and can be edited or added manually through the Open Library site. The chapter markers appear in the new navigation bar. (Launching Out Into The Deep in Wake of the War Canoe)
- Vastly improved full-text search. Search results are shown on the navigation bar and include a snippet of text near the matched search term. (Search results for “hawk” in book of birds)
The read aloud isn't that bad (Blio is much worse). If you'd like to see a live demo, click here: