I was right about Archos using RockChip designs; this baby runs on a 600Mhz RK2918 CPU, which means it will have great media abilities. It has Wifi, a VGA camera, microSD card slot, 4GB or 8GB Flash, USB Host, speaker, microphone, and an accelerometer. It weighs about 20 ounces, and has 6 hours of video battery life. It's going to sell for $199/199€, and should be on the market shortly.
It's going to ship with Android v2.1 Eclair, but it should get updates to Gingerbread.
Is it just me, or does this look a lot like Archos' other 10" tablet?
- Price: $199 in USA, 199€ in Europe
- 4GB (or 8GB) Flash storage
- MicroSD slot
- OS: Android 2.1 Eclair (on RK2818), Gingerbread (on RK2918 version available ~April), Honeycomb? (depends on Google/Rockchip)
- 10.1"? 1024×600 touch screen (resistive now, capacitive version available ~April)
- VGA camera on the front
- USB Host
- speaker, microphone
- Video: .avi, .mp4, .mkv, .mov, .flv
- Audio: mp3, wav, ape, ogg, flac