It's been an exciting week here at TDR, and a lot of fascinating news stories ave passed across my keyboard. Here are a few of the better stories you may have missed.
- New ebook app framework launched - PugPig
- Kobo's secret link to their ebookstore is gone from their iOS app
- Google killing off more specialized search engines - /dictionary is the latest to go
- Ebooks now 15% of Simon & Schuster revenue
And here are some interesting gadget stories:
- Chinese search giant Baidu just bought an ereader maker
- Entourage Pocket Edge voted "Best Cancelled E-reader of 2011"
- Sony Readers now out of stock on Sony's website - new T1 Reader coming soon?
- Amazon now enforcing a 1 Kindle per account rule for libraries
But I'm not always serious. Here's a couple funny posts from the past week:
And here are a few of the longer editorials you might have missed:
- Q: Will my ebook reader die with Borders?
- It's time for publishers to start an ad campaign that attacks bookstores
- A Second look at the Wired iPad app
- The Sony Reader's clay feet: the PC software is junk
- How Apple Is Pushing Me Away, Towards Amazon
image by alandberning