But what's the best way to go about it? After extensive testing I can assure you that osmotic techniques like throwing the books at a kid's head generally aren't effective ways to inculcate knowledge. This forces us to go back to the tried and true method of finding interesting books for kids to read, and B&N can help you there.
They're running a new sales promotion. Starting today, if you buy a new Nook Tablet you'll have the option of choosing up to 6 free kids ebooks from a list. It looks like you have to buy it in store (and not the website), and that can be a drag. B&N has already announced the first titles available, which will be available until 15 July. More titles will be added later in the summer/
- Artemis Fowl by Eoin Colfer
- The Amulet of Samarkandby Jonathan Stroud
- Disney after Darkby Ridley Pearson
- Judy Moody & Stink: Mad, Mad, Mad, Mad Treasure Hunt by Megan McDonald
- The Lemonade War by Jacqueline Davies
- Just Grace by Charise Mericle Harper
You can find out more on the B&N website.