Yes, Amazon has added the cursed carousel as a new optional view on the Kindle app. Luckily for me it is optional and doesn't replace the existing grid and list views, otherwise I might need to claw my eyes out.
In addition to the new view option, the general design of the menus have changed. Press the icon next to the word kindle and a new navigation panel will pop out of the left side of the screen. That's where you will find a search bar, in addition to the standard links (Books, Documents, Newsstand, On Device, etc).
Similar navigation panels are showing up more and more in the latest app updates. Earlier this week the WordPress for Android app was updated; it too has a menu popping out from the left.
- Redesigned library experience.
- Carousel displays recent items on the Kindle app home screen.
- Navigation panel organizes content for quick access to your Books, Documents, and Newsstand periodicals.
- Browse all your items in the Cloud or just the content downloaded on your Android device.
- Explore and download popular samples in the Kindle Store.
The reading view (at right) doesn't appear to have been changed, and the app looks to have the same formatting options as before. The new carousel view can be found as the Home menu, so if you dislike it as much as me it will be easy to ignore.