Libraries, textbooks, unpaid writers, and indie authors are each the focus of a post in this morning's coffee. I especially enjoyed the retrospective post about the iPhone and 8 pundits who were convinced it would fail.
- “E-Books in Libraries, 2013 Has Been a Year of Small Victories and Bigger Battles” (LJ INFOdocket)
- E-Textbooks: Better? Cheaper? Obsolete(r)? (Against-the-Grain.com)
- Eight amazing quotes from experts who were sure the iPhone would flop (TUAW)
- Pay writers or we'll pull ads, National Library tells arts website (SMH)
- Why Agents Reject 96% of Author Submissions (The HuffPo)
- Why do indie authors get a raw deal at writers' conferences? (Self-Publishing Advice)
- Written.com Raises $1M For A New Approach To Content Marketing (TechCrunch)