Due to so many people taking this week off, I have a short list of posts for you today.Top stories include a look at the increase in the number of kid's books banned in the past year (link), Hugh Howey's post on the 35% boogieman (link) and a response (link), a reminder that reading services like Bilbary, Readmill, Kindle, Kobo, and B&N are watching us (link), and more.
- As New Services Track Habits, the E-Books Are Reading You (NYTimes.com)
- Bookstore, Christmas Eve (Filling the Well)
- Kids Right to Read Project: Book Challenges Increased in 2013 (Shelf Awareness)
- Music publishers claim to own "Silent Night" & ripoff indie Youtube singer; ContentID helps them do it (Boing Boing)
- The Sky is Falling! The Sky is Falling! (Hugh Howey)
- The sky isn't falling because we don't live under a sky but an Amazon dome. (Rocket Bomber)