Top stories this Tuesday morning include a rumor about B&N laying off 100 people at Nook Media (link), a look at how last week's Adobe DRM fiasco came about (link), a look at Sony exiting the ebook biz (link), and more.
- Bookseller Cuts Jobs At Division For Nook (NYTimes.com)
- Is Amazon's Top 100 Ranking System Fair? (ABCtales)
- George Packer: Is Amazon Bad for Books? (The New Yorker)
- McGraw-Hill Buys Engrade For ~$50M As It Moves Away From Textbooks, Towards A Future Of SaaS (TechCrunch)
- Penning Up Your Books (PWxyz)
- Sony exits and the ebook business loses an original player (The Shatzkin Files)
- The term “digital magazines” may sound kind of dumb, but First Look Media’s approach is not (GigaOm)