Top stories this Monday morning include a debate on gender-specific books (link), a look at the year-old library in Philly's airport (link), why your monitor should be oriented vertically (link), abandoned libraries (link), and more.
- The 5 reasons young people aren't buying ebooks (Voxburner)
- 6 Abandoned Libraries (OEDB.org)
- Gender-specific books demean all our children. So the Independent on Sunday will no longer review anything marketed to exclude either sex (The Passive Voice)
- Have a Layover? Hit the Library (NYTimes.com)
- Spring Cleaning Who Has Access to Your Data (NYTimes.com)
- This Handy Hack Makes Any Receipt Printer Spit Out the Constitution (Gizmodo)
- You're Looking at It Wrong — Why the Web Demands Vertical Screens (Mashable)