The one story you absolutely have to read this morning is from Publisher's Lunch. They correct a couple errors that many press have been making on the Hachette-Amazon contract dispute. The rest are good, too, but that one is key.
- Amazon versus Hachette: No Good Guys in This Fight (American Libraries Magazine)
- A bookshelf-like wallpaper that serves as a digital book library (pictures) (eBookFriendly)
- Chinese news reader app Today's Headlines nets $100M from Sequoia (Tech in Asia)
- Dispatches from IDPF Digital Book 2014, Pt. 2: Public Libraries (Copyright and Technology)
- Getting Things Straight: Two Wonky But Important Hachette/Settlement Things People Get Wrong (Publishers Lunch)
- The Authors Alliance vs. The Authors Guild (Marginal Revolution)