Must read stories this morning include Mike Shatzkin on the long tail, a takedown of Dickens, Amazon v Hachette as a parable for news publishers, and more.
- ALA Report Confirms Negative Impact of Filtering on Student Learning (The Digital Shift)
- Amazon debate to take place in New York (The Bookseller)
- Cooking Category: legitimate publishers edged out by scam artists in the Apple Newsstand (TNM)
- Dispelling the Ebook Publishing Long Tail Myth (The Passive Voice)
- Let's Stop Pretending Dickens Was The Platonic Ideal of Very Serious Literature (BOOK RIOT)
- New data on the Long Tail impact suggests rethinking ideas about the future of publishing (The Shatzkin Files)
- Why Amazon vs. Hachette should have news publishers quaking (Wordyard)