Your reading list this Wednesday morning includes Harry Potter, the annoyance of websites blocking copy-paste,a reader fleeing back to paper books, academic publishers as modern day robber barons, and more.
- Amazon-Hachette: Whose Side Are You On? (TeleRead)
- Are Indie Books Being Squeezed out of Book Promo Sites? (Indies Unlimited)
- The "C" in ARC Does Not Stand for "Contract" (Dear Author)
- Harry Potter makes first appearance for seven years as he turns 34 ()
- The numbers they didn't want you to see: study finds that academic publishers charge whatever they want (MobyLives)
- Sorry e-book, but we’re through, writes Clare Masters (dailytelegraph.com.au)
- The Trials Of Being A Techdirt Writer Volume 1: Stupid Copyright Popups When Pressing CTRL-C (Techdirt)