The reading list Friday morning covers a diverse range of topics, including a commentary on HuffPost's project to crowdfund a reporter, an update on a southeast Asian ebook startup, the futility of trying to reverse engineer the Facebook news feed algorithms, and more.
- E-Commerce Is Not Eating Retail - Darrell Rigby (Harvard Business Review)
- How Ookbee built a mini ebook empire (Tech in Asia)
- Utah college students prefer traditional textbooks to e-books, bookstore officials say (Deseret News)
- The Weird Near Future of News (The Awl)
- Why fathoming Facebook’s feed is a rigged game (Wordyard)
- Why it’s smart of the HuffPo to partner with Beacon Reader in crowdfunding a reporter (GigaOm)
- Who Can Effectively Challenge Amazon in the Book Business? [Smart Set] (Jane Friedman)