Samsung’s 7″ Android tablet showed up in the FCC today. All the docs are hidden, so I didn’t learn anything new. There was nom ention of price or release date.
Update: The specs have been released by Samsung. There’s also a new commercial after the break.
- Android 2.2 running TouchWiz 3.0
- 7-inch LCD, 1024 x 600 resolution
- 1GHz Samsung Hummingbird CPU
- 16GB or 32GB Flash storage
- microSDHC card slot (up to 32GB supported)
- Front-facing 1.3 megapixel camera and rear 3 megapixel camera with flash
- 3G data / voice
- speaker, microphone
- Bluetooth, WiFi
- Full HD video playback
- Weighs 380 grams
- 4Ah battery
- There’s a 30-pin dock connector on the bottom that allows for HDMI, USB, and docking accessories (a car dock at least is planned)
At this point no one knows anything beyond the screen size and the fact it runs Android 2.2. It almost certainly has Wifi, though, and I’d bet it will have a graphics chip.
It’s going to be formally announced at IFA on 2 September. Until then, here’s a teaser video that Samsung released just to torture us geeks.