Attention Hackers: Lookbook now available at Overstock.com for $123

I posted a review of this ereader a couple hours ago, and a commenter  pointed me at the product page for the Lookbook. They're selling it for only $123.

Do you like to hack the software on your gadgets? Here's your chance to get a Lookbook and start a new project. If someone could give this ereader a new reading app and web browser it would be one heck of a gadget.

1. Kevin G20 October, 2010

Send me one and I will see what I can do. 🙂

2. Steve3.x7 November, 2010

It’ll be $100 after ECB on Black Friday. And still not worth it.

3. Julio24 November, 2010

Please need some help.
    ¿ How do I read my books from my SD Card

1. Nate the great24 November, 2010

I would check for an update for the Lookbook software. This is a bug and I do not know if they fixed it yet.

4. PANIC9824 November, 2010

Load the books onto your reader. Go to the books tab and if its not there shut it off and put it back on.

1. t-bone9 January, 2011

Tried this. Didnt work

5. Yoosof25 December, 2010

My 10yr old just got one for Christmas and it does have some issues getting started but overall wasnt too bad. Takes forever to charge the damm thing and the charging port is touchy to say the least. I got a bunch of books and comics in pdf format, loaded them onto an sd card and had no issues with it finding the card and displaying them under the “DOCS” tab but it did NEED to do an update via the wifi before it became user friendly.

6. t-bone9 January, 2011

I got one for christmas and can not get books to download to it or for it to sync up with kobo. Do any of you knw how I go about doing it?? Help!! ready to return it!!

7. Les18 January, 2011

Where can I find a book cover for the lookbook shift3

1. Nate the great18 January, 2011

I don’t know. Mine simply came with one.

8. James4 June, 2011

Hey,
    I just received a LookBook Wireless Reader (Shift3). I had never heard of it. I had hinted at a Kindle. Reviews of the NookBook vs Kindle leaned heavily toward the Kindle. Should I even open this LookBook or just return it? Your help will be greatly appreciated.

1. Nate Hoffelder4 June, 2011

Some people like it, and if you got it cheap enough (and have low expectations) it’s not bad.

I’d try it for a week and then consider returning it.

9. Larry12 September, 2011

Balky, slow to load pages. It is tolerable for simple book reading, BUT almost no functionality when trying to use a reference work, such as a Bible or educational publication that requires searches.
    Every time it changes chapters, it forces you to endure a filler page of a quote, which wasn’t so bad to start with, but how many times can you read “Big shots are only little shots who keep shooting” before it gets irritating?
    I do not recommend the Shift3 LookBook except for simple reading, and then only if it is a really cheap buy, I spent $49 and would not buy another one even at that price!