Confirmed: B&N to Sell Limited Edition Nook Touch on Friday

So I have another rumor today about Barnes & Noble. It's not quite as juicy as my last B&N rumor, but this one looks pretty interesting, too . I don't have much information yet, but I'm going to put this out there and see what turns up.

According to my source, B&N will be offering a limited edition Nook Touch on Friday.  I'm told that it's going to be white and sell for $80.

Update: And now that new Nook (with the cream colored backside)  is listed on the B&N website. Oy. That didn't take long.

My source called the new ereader the Nook Cream, but I'm not so sure that part is true. "Nook Cream" sounds more like a drink for the cafe, not a gadget. But since I don't have any pictures or brochures yet, I decided to share the name anyway.

While I may not be able to substantiate the product name, I did manage to confirm 1 detail.  I've heard via another channel that at least one store has received boxes of a Nook product that isn't supposed to be opened until Friday.  I did not get any info on what's in the boxes, just that they've arrived in the store. But that's enough to decide what I'll be doing on Friday.

If anyone knows more about this cream-colored Nook Touch, please let me know. Comments can be anonymous and I never reveal my sources.

1. Mike Cane22 November, 2011

Nook Latte? Anyway, I wonder if it will have the same grippy surface. If so, bound to get dirty real quick.

2. Mike Cane22 November, 2011

So wait. Now it’s NOT cream, just $79?

3. Laura22 November, 2011

Hmm, are they also releasing a white one? The one on the website is black.

1. Nate Hoffelder22 November, 2011

Look at the lower corners. It looks to me like the back will be white.

1. Laura22 November, 2011

Ah, good catch.

1. Mike Cane22 November, 2011

A white backing? DAMMIT! Now I have to go to a B&N just to get a damn photo, if possible.

4. cookie22 November, 2011

$79? Damn, I recently ordered a refurb from their ebay store.

5. […] Thanks to The Digital Reader […]

6. Quincy22 November, 2011

thankfully the store opens at 8am, i won’t have to get up at 2am to get one of these, what a steal for $79

7. nookseller22 November, 2011

A receiving worker who didn’t use the scanner correctly accidentally opened our boxes early. We received 70 STs that scan as “Nook Cream.”

Crossing my fingers that the employee discount will still go on the $79 devices…

I can’t confirm the white back/black front, but we were told it will be a “white bezel” (although in the photo, it looks like a black and white bezel).

8. […] Nook Touch. It is a special limited edition Nook. From the looks of the picture and the rumors floating around, this Nook Touch has a white back instead of black, and goes by the moniker […]