46% of Kindle Fire Owners Sneak Around With Another Tablet

46% of Kindle Fire Owners Sneak Around With Another Tablet statistics Changewave has just released the results of  survey of 2,607 American consumers, and the results suggest that the Kindle Fire is going to have  positive effect on Amazon's bottom line.

Here are the key takeaways:

  • 6% of all respondents own  Kindle Fire
  • KF owners are more likely to buy from Amazon (29% vs 19%)
  • Out of 254 KF owners, 54% were very satisfied and 38% were somewhat satisfied with their tablet, compared to 74% of iPad owners who are very satisfied
  • KF owners love the cost, like the color screen
  • They also hate the lack of volume buttons and the missing camera

That first detail is definitely the most important, but it was buried in the results. 6% of the survey group own  Kindle Fire, and it was only on the market for 2 months when this survey was conducted. We haven't seen numbers like that since the iPad. The iPad actually had better numbers, but still, the 6% is impressive.

About Nate Hoffelder (10071 Articles)
Nate Hoffelder is the founder and editor of The Digital Reader:"I've been into reading ebooks since forever, but I only got my first ereader in July 2007. Everything quickly spiraled out of control from there. Before I started this blog in January 2010 I covered ebooks, ebook readers, and digital publishing for about 2 years as a part of MobileRead Forums. It's a great community, and being a member is a joy. But I thought I could make something out of how I covered the news for MobileRead, so I started this blog."

2 Comments on 46% of Kindle Fire Owners Sneak Around With Another Tablet

  1. 54% KF owners being satisfied with their device doesn’t imply that the other 46% are sneaking around with another tablet…

Leave a comment

Your email address will not be published.


This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.

%d bloggers like this: