Check Out My First T-shirt Design

I've just concluded my first contest on 99Designs and I wanted to get some feedback on the designs.

For a long time now I've been wanting to get my blog's logo on t-shirts and stuff, but I never got around to it. So last week I talked myself into starting a design contest on 99Designs just to see what would happen.

The contest was for a t-shirt, and the one at right is the winner. But now that I've bought it I'm not so sure I would want to wear it (buyer's remorse, I guess). I'm now thinking that this design would be better as a patch over the pocket of the t-shirt.

In any case, the other designs submitted to the contest are available for public viewing. I want to hear what you think of the designs that I passed on. Some were okay, but a lot were dreadful.

I even have a couple alternate designs that I'm thinking of buying. The word cloud design might be better than the winning design.

What do you think? Should I have gone with an alternate design?

1. karen wester newton16 April, 2012

I like your choice best! It pops, so to speak.

2. CodeWriter16 April, 2012

Karen, I think you are on target, Nate’s first selection does “jump out at you”…
    and is my choice!

3. Segundo16 April, 2012

Word cloud for the win. It speaks to “blog”. All though your original choice pops more, it speaks to “tablet/phone” rather than “e-reader” if you know what I mean.

4. meth17 April, 2012

I liked #44.

5. AndreW17 April, 2012

#38 would be the obvious choice for me, ’cause it has a really simple yet effective concept and the colorscheme that stands out. #28 too. The one you picked was OK too, but too cartoony in my opinion (why are those buttons so weird?).
    Regarding the word cloud one, while it certainly says “it’s a blog, come check it out” it is just too blocky, seems like a 10 minute effort. Might have been better with a different typeface.

6. Mizzbee17 April, 2012

I love #25, that is what happens to my eyes when trying to read on my Kindle Keyboard 3. I have read one complete book on it. I have well over 400 kindle ebooks. Oh well to each his own, at least we Americans are reading.

7. Mike Cane17 April, 2012

I don’t read digital. I read books.

Gotcha.

8. jorgen18 April, 2012

41 is best but 40, 42 and 43 are excellent too.

Anyway: they must carry the URL as 99% of the worlds population don’t know what The Digital Reader is.

9. Peter18 April, 2012

I like number 39. But the winner would have been my second choice.

Hatemachine, huh?