Here are a few stories to read this morning.
- 5 Fictional Ladies Who Need to Be on Twitter (BOOK RIOT)
- Apple, Publishers Subpoena Amazon in Price-Fixing Class Action (PW)
- Hang Up Your Pimp Costume, Kids: Why Free Book Promos on Amazon Don’t Work Like They Used To (No Matter How You Spin the Numbers) (DBW)
- Online Isn’t Cheap, We Know — But An Environmentally Problematic Energy Hog?! (The Scholarly Kitchen)
- Simon & Schuster to stream book videos on Roku and Blinkx (paidContent)
- Where the eyeballs are going: An interview with Smashwords founder Mark Coker (Speakeasy)
- Why Philip Roth needs a secondary source (Guardian)