It looks like I am still experiencing complications from switching webhosts.
Several readers informed me yesterday that they were having trouble viewing this blog in a mobile web browser. Specifically, it was showing up as a blank white page:
Your site isn’t showing up at all on mobile browsers (tried on Opera and Chrome for Android). Just showing a white screen. I thought the site was down for days until I tried on a desktop.
If you are reading this then I figured out the problem and the temporary fix is in place.
It turns out that, when redirecting my website to use a new nameserver, I forgot to also do something about the mobile site at m.the-digital-reader.com. That is the URL for my mobile site, which used to use a mobile friendly theme, and I completely forgot about it this past weekend.
I just went in and added that URL, and for the moment it redirects to the regular blog theme. This is not particularly mobile friendly, sorry, but it’s what I can do this immediate second to replace the blank page. I would like to offer readers a more mobile friendly theme but I can’t find a way to do that. The trick I was using doesn’t work any more.
My long term plans include switching to a new blog theme which will be responsive, but it’s not done yet. Again, sorry.