Amazon's two month old smartphone got its first update today.
The update includes a bonanza of new features as well as UI improvements, tweaks to improve the battery life, a new option for deleting emails, and more.
While this update will be music to the ears of Fire Phone owners, I don't see anything here that would interest me enough to consider buying one. How about you?
- Quick SwitchWith a double-press on the home button, Quick Switch allows you to easily alternate between or shut down running apps and tasks. To learn how to use Quick Switch, go to Switch Between and Close Recent Apps.
- App Grid CollectionsCreate folders of apps or content right on the app grid. To learn how to use Collections, go toNavigate Your Fire Phone.
- Carousel PinningPin your favorite apps to the front of the home carousel. To learn how, go to Navigate Your Fire Phone.
- 11 Frame Lenticular PhotosCreate Lenticular photos using 11 still images instead of 3. To learn how, go to Take Photos & Personal Videos.
- Enhanced Carousel E-mailDelete e-mails directly from the home screen. To learn how, go to Email Basics.
- Improved Video SharingShare high-resolution videos via MMS or e-mail. To learn how, go to View Edit & Share Photos.
- Improved Battery LifeDozens of system updates for enhanced battery performance. To learn more about optimizing battery life, go to Conserve Battery Life.