Glose has updated both its Android app and its app for iPad and iPhone today. The changelog for the Android app only mentions bug fixes, but according to the changelog in iTunes the iOS update is a major one.
Glose is all about sharing the reading experience socially, but for their 2.0 release Glose has decided to focus on improving the user's experience and giving each user more options. The new app has more stats options, better library management, and additional formatting options for when they're reading an ebook.
Like its spiritual predecessor Readmill, Glose is a social reading app, but it also is connected to an ebookstore with 500,000 titles. This should help Glose avoid the revenue trap Readmill fell into.
What’s New in Version 2.0.1
Faster. Better. Stronger (Again ?!)
Glose 2.0 is here, with some big new features and enhancements
- For new users we made our onboarding process easier. In fact we removed our onboarding. You can now read any books (10 first %) without even creating an account! Download the app, boom, open any books you want to read or discover. Your progress and opened books will be transferred to your account once you’ll have created it.
- Stats: Ever wondered how much time you spent glued at your screen, reading, on Glose? Well, now you can. Swipe your profile picture and discover your stats! We also display a beautiful graph with your current week reading time! And we have a lot more to come on this part.
- Faster, Better, Stronger: Offline support? Better. Speed ? Faster. We’ve made some tweaks so everything loads a lot faster. Our bookstore, booklists, profile and so on.
- Edit your books: If you go in the “My Books” section, there is now an edit button in the top bar. It was one of our most requested features. You can now hide and delete books from your library. You want to read Fifty Shade of Gray but doesn’t want to let your friends now about it ? Just hide it, it’ll be visible only to you. You can also purely and simply delete any book you opened.
- Safari/App auto login: If you’re logged on Glose for iOS it’ll automatically log you on our website. If you visit https://glose.com on Safari after this update, you’ll be automatically logged in! And for our web mobile user, we also do it the other way. If you download the application and you are logged on Safari mobile you’ll automatically be logged within our Glose for iOS.
- More options in our reader: It was a part of our previous update, but our reader now features different font styles and sizes. An all new sepia theme. And you can also choose whether you prefer to scroll your books vertically or horizontally.
- We’ve made a ton of UI enhancements, from loading indicator to animations. We hope you’ll enjoy this enhanced and better experience.