Amazon opened its 8th bookstore this week in Paramus, NJ.
Paramus could technically be called a suburb of NYC, but doing so would piss off both NYC (for implying it was in any way related to NJ) and New Jersey (for implying it was subordinate to NYC).
Five local news sites covered the opening of the 3,500 square foot store. They found a shop that looks pretty much like every other Amazon Books location (with the exception of Manhattan).
The store stocks around 3,000 titles and carries a selection of Amazon hardware on display at stations scattered through the store. This is all fairly typical for Amazon Books, although there doesn't seem to be any seating in the Paramus store like what can be found in several of the Amazon Books locations.
Of the six stories about the opening, the first is worth reading for the photos. The three after that are also worth reading, but you can skip the last two.
- Amazon's first bookstore in N.J., an inside look (PHOTOS) (NJ.com)
- Amazon bookstore opens in Paramus (NorthJersey.com)
- 6 things to know about the new Amazon bookstore in Paramus (NorthJersey.com)
- Amazon opens brick-and-mortar bookstore in Paramus (News12)
- Amazon Books Opening At Garden State Plaza Wednesday (Paramus, NJ Patch)
- Amazon Books’ First NJ Store Opens In Paramus (Paramus Daily Voice)
image via NJ.com