Last November Bookbaby conducted a survey which polled authors on everything from what genres they are publishing to how they’re promoting their books.
I just got an email today with the news that Bookbaby had released the results of the survey. I have not had a chance to read the survey, but i see from the forward that 7,677 people, including 4,600 published authors, answered the 56 question survey.
The survey report covers:
- The wide range of tactics used by authors across all popular genres.
- The professional services used by the most-successful authors.
- Who successful authors reach out to for book reviews.
- How a body of work leads to stronger sales and an increased fan base.
- Where the most successful authors focused their time and money.
You can get a copy of the survey results from Bookbaby in exchange for your contact details (they want to come harvest your organs later, if that is okay).
In related news, Bookbaby also has a author conference coming up in November.