Here are a few stories to read this morning.
- 'Sexists need not apply': publisher refuses to look at manuscripts addressed to 'Dear sirs' (The Guardian)
- List: Everything You Know About Me, the Female Character You’re Falling in Love With in a Romantic Film/TV Show Written by a Man (McSweeney’s Internet Tendency)
- You Can Read This Book In Your Browser Window (FastCo)
- Sylvia Plath's bikini shot: it's time to stop sexualising a serious author to sell books (The Guardian)
- Vice Wars: Researching New York City's Scandalous Censorship Past (The New York Public Library)