We are going to try something new this Friday morning.
- Camestros Felapton has a guide on what you should do if your ebook was pirated in iBooks.
- Techdirt has new commentary on the ongoing crusade against Sci-Hub.
- Writing over at The Book Designer, Judith Briles argues that social media shouldn’t be a time suck.
- Anne R. Allen lays out the ground rules for when you should abandon a WIP.
- JStor wants you to know that before blogs, there were zines.
- Brian Eno thinks creatives who want to do their best work should not get a day job.
- David Gaughran has a guide to making killer graphics in Canva.
The reason I changed up the formatting is simple: social media. I want to share more interesting updates, which means no more sharing title plus a link. Instead, I need to share summary sentences (I expect they will get more attention/clicks).
It only takes a little more work to write the summary sentence instead of copy/pasting title, but it would take twice as much work to do a sentence for social networks and a title+name for this link post. So I am only going to do the former.