Here are a few stories to read this Monday morning.
- Bookfinder has a new list of the most in-demand out of print books, but a lot of them (the Cryptonomicon, for example) aren't actually out of print.
- Guardian has discovered a decades-old reading method, and it does not approve.
- A small fry who failed to beat Amazon advises how Walmart can beat Amazon in the ebook market.
- Tor is windowing ebook sales to libraries, and for the dumbest reason.
- HarperCollins has launched another vanity press.
- The first non-rectangular book published in the US was an edition of Little Red Riding Hood.
- Aeon waxes poetic about the implication of using computers to enhance the creation of art as if it's a new idea.
- Walmart's ebook gift card effort follows a path trod by many failed startups.