In 2013 Amazon launched Kindle First, a program where Amazon Prime subscribers could download one Amazon-published ebook for free each month.
Audible launched its own version of this program on Friday.
Current Audible subscribers can now download two Audible Original titles for free each month. A selection of six listening experiences, created and performed by incredible talent and available exclusively on Audible, will be made available on the first Friday of every month.
This month's selection includes:
- Girls & Boys, performed by Carey Mulligan
- The Coming Storm, written and performed by Michael Lewis
- The Dented Head of Joey Pigza, written and performed by Jack Gantos
- Emma: an Audible Original Drama by Jane Austen, adapted by Anna Lea and performed by Emma Thompson and a full cast
- Feeding the Dragon, written and performed by Sharon Washington
- The X-Files: Cold Cases, performed by David Duchovny, Gillian Anderson, and a full cast
One of the interesting side effects of the Kindle First program is that the free titles generally shot to the top of the Kindle Store best-seller lists.
Do you think Audible's program will have the same impact?