Here are a few stories to read this Friday morning.
- If you think the Kindle Store is a mess with bots punishing innocent authors, go check out what The Verge says about Amazon’s Marketplace.
- David Kudler explains the difference between copyrights and licenses.
- Samuel Levy explains how WordPress Gutenberg went wrong: it wasn’t the tech so much as poor communication and other mismanagement by the people running the project.
- Craig Mod points out how the next evolution of the book wasn’t a change in content, as many expected, so much as a change in infrastructure and architecture.
- The US agency responsible for enforcing anti-counterfeiting laws doesn’t know the difference between copyright and trademark.