Here are a few stories to read this Monday morning.
- When you try to teach an AI to write holiday movies, hilarity ensues.
- Someone has come up with a Sabermetrics for publishing (this is a fancy way of saying they wrote an algorithm to calculate optimum price, production volume, etc).
- Legacy publishers' refusal to go digital bites them in the ass this holiday season as paper shortages cause back orders for popular titles.
- Like a computer virus, Author Solutions clones are cropping up all over.
- This is not exactly ebook or publishing news, but I am leading a workshop in Arlington, VA on 23 March.