Here are a few stories to read this Wednesday morning.
- How one author lied his way to the top.
- The AAP joins the opposition to the Internet Archive's pirate site, "The Open Library".
- Check out the Atlas of Endangered Alphabets.
- The oldest surviving print advert (in English) dates to 1477. It pitched a cure for erectile dysfunction (kidding).
- As you will see in these videos, baroque composers wrote music for instruments that no longer exist. Some even wrote music that required new instruments to be invented.
- The French are flipping their baguettes over English being used on signs at a French book fair.
If you have a tip for my link posts, here's my contact page.