Here are a few stories to read this Friday morning.
- The Guardian has advice for those who want to work in the book publishing industry.
- Digiday points out that the transition from tech to book publishing is harder than it appears.
- The LA Times is trying to steal the copyright to all the works its employees create on their own time.
- "Never touch the glowing goo" is just one thing we can learn from horror movies.
- Someone matched companies in the legacy publishing industry to the dinosaur they resemble most (Twitter).
- The Australian Society of Authors is advising its members to file DMCA notices against the Internet Archive's pirate site, "The Open Library".