So as you may know, I used KDP to list a couple of my workbooks in the Kindle Store last fall. I wasn’t expecting to sell a lot, and I really saw the effort as background research that would enable me to help clients. (Plus, having my workbooks in the Kindle Store meant I could also set up an author page on Amazon.com).
That investment has borne unexpected fruit.
I just got an email from Amazon informing me that the retailer has added a new section to KDP called the eBook Quality Dashboard. This is where Amazon will communicate any formatting issues. complaints, or errors reported by users.
I can’t see that page right now (neither of my workbooks have problems ATM) but I get the impression from the related help page that the EQD is intended to make it easier for those who have dozens or hundreds of titles in KDP to respond to multiple bug reports. The EQD will let users sort and filter the reported issues by attributes like:
- Status (e.g., suppressed, warning)
- Issue type (e.g., eBook content, metadata)
Users can then respond to an issue by clicking one of three buttons: “Cannot fix”, “I will fix”, and “Not an issue”. The process for fixing an issue is of course the same as before; depending on the issue. a user will either have to upload new content or change a book’s metadata.
I have attached the email below.
Did you get it? What do you think of the new EQD?
As a valued KDP publisher, we’re including you in an invite-only release of our new eBook Quality Dashboard. Starting today, this dashboard is the way we’ll communicate alerts about your eBooks’ quality issues.
- If you have quality issues to review, you’ll see a yellow bar with a link to the Dashboard at the top of your KDP Bookshelf.
- On your Dashboard, you can see all issues for all your titles and fix them.
- For any new suppression or quality warnings, we’ll send you an alert email as soon as possible.
- Every Monday you’ll receive a weekly notification email for any open quality issues, and will no longer have to manage individual emails for each eBook.
What’s not changing for you:
- The information we provide to understand and locate quality issues.
- The options to resolve each issue.
- You can still contact KDP Customer Support for any questions or to follow-up on an open issue.
To learn more about the eBook Quality Dashboard, check our Help page:
Please contact KDP Customer Support to provide feedback or ask questions.
Kindle Direct Publishing