Here are a few stories to read this Friday morning.
- One reason online media is dying is that the people with money think that makes them smarter than everyone else, and as a result they don’t listen to their employees.
- Macmillan CEO John Sargent stood in front of a group of librarians and repeated his claims about library ebooks affecting retail ebook sales. Unfortunately, he left the meeting unscathed.
- StoryAI is a writing bot that is so good it’s creepy.
- Canadian libraries are lobbying their government over the high cost and limited availability of digital content in libraries.
- Audible gave way on Audible Captions, and will disable the feature on some audiobooks when it launches in a couple weeks.
- The Internet Archive continues to spin its ongoing copyright infringement as “controlled digital lending”.