Here are a few stories to read this Monday morning.
- The AP changed its rules on hyphens (again).
- Japanese Manga publishers are filing piracy lawsuits in NYC.
- My latest guest post for The Book Designer focuses on how to get people to unsubscribe from a newsletter.
- New Media buys stodgy old media.
- Google is refusing to pay French news publishers for giving them free advertising in its search engine. Given that Google earns about a cent per search, there really isn’t any money to pay them anyway.
- GDPR compliance was harder than some expected. I for one am relieved I don’t really have to worry about it yet.
- Kristen Lamb explains why and how she thinks Daunt could save B&N.