Here are a few stories to read this Monday morning.
- The state of Missouri wants to stop kids from reading (or bring back book burning).
- Library Journal reports on a survey that shows the youngest generation are not "avid" readers (this is a subjective opinion and thus valueless as survey data).
- David Gaughran has a list of 12 free design tools for authors.
- PRH has pulled their titles from several smaller "netflix for ebooks" services.
- One SF fan's sixth attempt to read "Dune" is going well.
- Guy LeCharles Gonzalez: "Corporate publishers have found themselves in a street fight they provoked but their business model wasn’t prepared for."
- There are now so many library systems boycotting Macmillan that its ebook sales have actually fallen.