Here are a few stories to read this Monday morning.
- MS Word now flags two spaces after a full stop as an error.
- The Washington Post takes a look at Bookshop, the retail platform for indie bookstores that Amazon will be buying shortly. (It is succeeding where many have failed.)
- Bookbub digs into how the quarantine has changed book-buying behavior (like many, they think buying is the same as reading, which it’s not).
- Kris Rusch explores how trad pub is going wither away during the quarantine.
- Gabino Iglesias has a hate list consisting of ten types of writers.
- Mike Shatzkin notes that POD is suddenly more important given how the print supply chain has been disrupted by the current crisis.
- BookRiot has culled a list of the best parts of Reddit to find book recommendations.
- “And when the librarians returned, they found that the cleaner had put the books back in order of size.” (no, that is not a horror story – it actually happened)